Malpua a popular mithai in northern part of India,specially in Rajasthan. Holi would be incomplete without these warm,deep fried Indian pancake(Malpua) dessert.
All purpose flour-1 cup
Kesar-1/4tsp(Dissolve in 2tsp of milk)
- Heat the milk to Luke warm.
- Add grated Mawa little at a time in warm milk and Mix well.
- To this add all purpose flour and mix well till no lumps remains.
- If needed add more milk to adjust the consistency.Keep aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a pan.Cook on medium flame till the sugar syrup reaches to 1 string consistency.
- Add saffron mixture,mix well and keep aside.
- Now heat ghee in a broad pan.
- Pour a small ladleful of batter into the ghee to make small pancakes.
- Cook till it turns light brown in colour from one side and then turn to cook the other side.
- Dip the malpua in the sugar syrup.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and make more malpua.
- Serve warm.Garnished with almonds and pistachio slivers.