“PAAN CAKE” ..a unique flavoured cake from other cakes.A big treat for all Paan lovers like me.
All purpose flour-1 1/2cup
Baking powder-1 1/4tsp
Green food colour-2pinch
- Grease a loaf tin using oil.Add some flour and shake it well so that it coats all the sides of the tin.
- Preheat the oven @180°C.
- Sieve the flour for couple of times and keep it aside.
- In a bowl beat curd until it gets smooth.Add sugar and mix well..then add baking powder and baking soda to the curd mixture and mix well.Keep it aside for 4-5mins.
- Take the paan and separate the filling.Grind the paan to a fine paste.
- Now the curd mixture will be frothy and you can see some bubbles in it.Add oil,paan puree,filling , green colour to the mixture and mix well.
- Add flour in three batches in curd mixture and mix well.Add milk to adjust the consistency of cake batter.
- Take tutti frutti in a bowl add a tsp of flour and mix well.Add this tutti frutti to the cake batter and fold it nicely.
- Pour this batter into the loaf tin and bake it in a preheated oven @180°C for 30-35min.
- Remove the tin from the oven and let it sit for couple of minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges and gently turn it upside down on a wire rack.
- Once it completely cooled,slice it and serve ..